Experienced Law Enforcement Leader
- Lieutenant and Sergeant with the Lake County Sheriff’s Department (2008-2011)
–Modernized Sheriff Department training programs. Implemented the Nixle public safety alert system.
–Served as Patrol Sergeant, Investigations Sergeant, Internal Affairs Lieutenant and Admin Lieutenant.
- Special Agent for the California Department of Justice (2007-2008)
–Worked with Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement officials throughout California.
- Lake County Deputy Sheriff (2005-2007)
- Police Officer (1997-2005)
Dedicated Military Veteran
- U.S. Army Paratrooper and Military Police Sergeant (1992-1997)
–Honorably discharged after 5 years of service.
–Received the Army Humanitarian Service Award and many other military honors.
- Served on the Lake County Veteran’s Development Committee
–Coordinated a program that allows Veterans to receive GI Bill on-the-job training benefits while
beginning their law enforcement careers with the Lake County Sheriff’s Department.
Active Community Volunteer
- Youth T-Ball, Baseball and Basketball Coach
- Assisted with the construction of the Lake County MDIC center
- Volunteers for the Relay for Life/American Cancer Society
Proud Lake County Roots
- Graduated from Clear Lake High School in 1989.
- Local Small Business Owner
- Family Man
–Brian’s wife, Crystal, works as a Victim Advocate for Child Abuse and Sexual Assault victims.
–They are blessed with three children (a daughter and two sons).
Brian Martin for Sheriff 2014, ID# Pending